MAPUSA : In a tragic incident a family has lost everything they had including important documents after their house was gutted causing a loss of around Rs 6 lakh at Alto Duler. The cause of fire is suspected to be short circuit.
The Asolkar family is a joint family where two brothers Yogesh and Pravin stay on the ground floor of the house along with their family while Arun Asolkar and his family were residing at the first floor.
Like every day on Thursday afternoon around 12.30 pm Arun Asolkar left the house to drop his nephew at school and later got a call about the fire incident. The neighbour Sanju Nansokar who first noticed the fire at around 1.45 pm immediately informed his owner’s brother and thereafter the Mapusa fire station was informed.
Mapusa fire personnel rushed to the site and broke the door of the closed house and brought out two gas cylinders and averted a major disaster. By the time fire personnel could control the fire, household items and electrical appliances including TV, refrigerator, washing machine, laptop, electrical fixtures, two cupboards, bed and Rs 60,000 was gutted including important documents causing a loss of Rs 6 lakh.
The fire personnel managed to save gold ornaments and cash. The loss could have been reduced if the fire station was informed much earlier about the incident.