By Adeep Kuncalienker

From the moment, our school, Mushtifund High School announced the tour to Hyderabad, we were all very happy to take part and see the sights and sounds of this famed city. A total of 110 students from standard 7, 8 and 9, accompanied by eight teachers and two non-teaching staff went to the wonderful Hyderabad trip. Our trip started on November 1 early in the morning. Our first leg of the journey was to Londa station by train from Margao. We reached Londa at around 11:30 a.m. We spent our free time at the station chatting, playing games, etc.
We boarded the Manuguru express to Secunderabad. The train journey was a lot of fun. Most of us had carried lunch and snacks. We played cards. From there we reached Hyderabad via bus. We finally reached our destination for the next six days at around 7:30 p.m . We were booked at the Hampshire Plaza Hotel at Lakdi ka Pul. After a nights rest we set out for our trip. This was to Snow World, a place covered with thick snow and -4 degree temperature. Wearing snow-protection suits, we played around. It was freezing inside, while in the real world outside, the temperature was sizzling. After a delicious lunch at the hotel, Birla Mandir was our next stop. This is a breath-taking architectural marvel of white marble. Built atop a hillock called Naubath Pahad, it is dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara. This visit took us almost 2-3 hours and then we went to Lumbini Park. The Hussain Sagar Lake was adjacent to the park and we could see the grand statue of Lord Buddha in the centre of the lake. The laser show here was the highlight and much enjoyed by all of us. Happy after enjoying the first day and looking forward to the next days on our trip, we returned to the hotel. Four of us were allotted to each room and we soon started playing and having fun. The buffet dinner was in the hall and consisted of rotis and some chicken curry along with ice-cream
Day two started early. The main highlight of this day was going to the Nehru Zoological Museum, where we saw animals like the white tiger, giraffes and lions. This visit was very educative, informative and brought us face-to-face with wild animals. Next stop was the Sudha Car museum, started as a hobby by car enthusiast Sudhakar. Here we got to see some really quirky car designs and whacky vehicles. There were football cars, burger cars and what not. It was a fun and lively place. Though it was hot, being a part of the group was a thrill. The evening time was kept free and many of my friends went shopping while some of us stayed behind.
The next day was eagerly awaited as we were going to spend the entire day at Wonderla, with all sorts of amusement and water rides. We were briefed in advance about the dangers of the rides. Daring all orders from teachers we went on the roller coaster, ferris wheel which is the second tallest in the country. This was the day I enjoyed the most. Some of the rides were very high. Some friends got souvenir T-shirts here. We reached the hotel quite late.
Another highlight awaited us the next day – a full day visit to Ramoji Film City. It was a very vast area and we took the bus to move around. The Bahubali set was very impressive. In the film city there was a mock railway station, numerous sets and studios and of course market places and houses embedded in neighbourhoods.
The final day was a visit to the Golconda fort. As I am a trekker, I enjoyed walking up the steps to see the entire city below. The fort has a rich history. Salar Jung Museum was another historic place that we visited. Seeing all exhibits, ancient artefacts was educative. This is also a big area and we took a long time to see the place. Everyone remembers Hyderabad for Charminar and we visited the place. One of the minarets was under repair. We went up the Charminar and had a splendid view of the bustling marketplace below. Mecca Masjid is nearby and we paid a visit.
This summed up our Hyderabad visit, but the fun was still on as our long train journey would begin back to our homes. The dinner on this day was specially marked for world-famous Hyderabadi Biryani and we ate our fill. Our train was late at 11 p.m. Train journey was memorable and we reached Belgaum station next evening at 5 p.m. and Goa by bus at 9.30 p.m.
This trip was a memorable for all of us. One of my friends threw his phone out of the window and another fell sick and yet we have great memories and had fun at every moment.

(Writer is a class IX student of Mushtifund High School)