Evidence in Mhadei case submitted to SC: Sawant

0
27

NT NETWORK

Panaji

Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Monday said the state has already submitted all pieces of evidence as regards the contempt petition filed in the Supreme Court over Karnataka diverting the Mhadei water.

Sawant ruled out holding talks on the Mhadei water dispute with any minister of the neighbouring state.

It is pertinent to note here that Karnataka Water Resources Minister Ramesh Jarkiholi reportedly refuted the claim made by Sawant that the water level of the Mhadei has come down owing to the water diversion project, which has been a bone of contention between the two states.

Speaking to media persons in Karnataka, Jarkiholi reportedly challenged Sawant to prove his claim that Karnataka has illegally diverted water from the Mhadei basin.

Responding to a media query on the Jarkiholi’s riposte, Sawant said that there is no question of proving Goa’s claim to anybody or holding talks with Jarkiholi on the Mhadei tangle.

“We have already submitted in the Supreme Court all pieces of evidence in the illegal diversion of the Mhadei water by Karnataka. We will prove it in the apex court. I am not interested in holding talks on the water diversion with any minister of that state,” he said.

Meanwhile, Sawant clarified that the state government has not imposed afresh Section 144 of Indian Penal Code in South Goa district, but revised the order that had been in force.

As regards North Goa district, he said that it might have been delayed due to some issues, but the order will be revised soon.